We paid the full amount. Expected date pf possession – 36 months from the date of booking. Some Booked in 2010, some in 2011 and some in 2012. Its 2019 now. There is no indication of our flats being given. The buildings are standing tall, no one is there. not even the workers. The builder doesn’t reply. All we are told is they will deliver in the next six months. More than Six years have passed and we are still listening to this excuse. This is a regular feature with the NCR builders. They took all our money and years later, no news on deliveries.
If you are one of the troubled buyers, Have faith. There is Hope. Our Judicial system is supporting us. Buyers need to come together and fight it out with unity. There are various options available to us as consumers.
- Some buyers filed a case with the State Consumer Forum. This is an individualistic approach.
- Once we form a group, our strength increases multi folds. We need to come together so that our collective value of the flats are more than Rs. 1 Cr. This enables us to go to the NCDRC – the National Consumer forum directly.
- We can file a case with the Economic Offence Wing (EOW).
- File an FIR with the police.
- File a Case in RERA (Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Act, 2016)
With multiple options at our disposal, we are bound to get justice some way or the other.
For detailed clarification, request you to please consult with your lawyer. We can only share the experience of what we have faced. Richie – 98604.65660.